Well I ran the pictures through a couple people and got an overall winner! Well… three overall winners. That’s right it’s a three-way tie for first place! So the writing event will now also be a voting system for the overall Art winner! Remember, quality over quantity is where it counts in these votes for writing. Here is how this works
- Write under the conditions using the character from your favorite of the three art pieces as your focus.
- Whomever you write about counts as your vote towards overall art winner.
- The writing winner will be chosen from the winning Art piece selection, unless someone from another section makes a far superior writing piece to anything of another section. Then a writing winner will be picked from the “Most votes” section, displayed under the piece of art they voted for. The one we find truly superior to the rest will be overall winner, and will be displayed next to the picture they voted for when I announce winners.
All submissions must use one of the three characters provided. You may battle two characters, but you must say who you are voting for.
All submissions must be 500-1500 words long, with little room for extension.
There should be some basic dialogue, which can be done all Dragon Ball Z style where they stop mid fight to talk.
This does not HAVE to be a fight, if you want to write a backstory for them or just them talking, that’s fine.
It should feel like it has a conclusion. Don’t leave it too open ended or end on a cliffhanger because that makes it look like you ran out of ideas.
This needs to be grammatically correct. Now before you freak out, I am presenting the grading scale right here.
- Proper Title and Alignment? 10 points (Title of your story should be bolded, centered in the page before you begin writing. It won’t count towards total words.)
- Capitalization is where it should be? 20 points (2 points lost for each mistake on either name or beginning sentence capitlization)
- Commas used in basic spots? 10 points (1 point lost for every 5 spots I see without a comma where it should be. I will not use advanced english to grade, so basically just prevent run on sentences)
- Words spelled correctly? 25 points (5 points lost for each misspelt word)
- Proper indentation? 15 points (5 points lost per indent forgotten. You should have at least one to start off with)
- Name? 20 points (20 points lost if you did not put your username from this website on the page)
This is the grammar point system so make sure you know it well. In total, the points earned here are worth 50% of your overall grade. I won’t give you the story structure system, nor the characters system. This is to make sure you are writing freely and without known restriction. Now onto our contestants for Best Art December 2016!
GabrTheGreat (Or just Gabr)
Gabr’s submission stood out to me because it was entirely in color, as well as being one of only two arcosian entries!
The Champion: Blastrider
This is the winner of the last art contest and so-far undefeated champ: Blastrider! His submission stood out for it’s smooth lines and shape.
This is Traveler! Our third and final entry. It was between him and another very close entry, but I chose Traveler, because out of all the pictures, his has the absolute most personality, hands down.
To see the other entries, please go to this link
To submit your writing entry, please email TheNewSmartandDumb@gmail.com with either a link to a google document (make sure it is shared to me so I can at least view it) or the direct download itself of a word document or notepad. Pictures taken of writing better be crystal clear because if I can’t read a sentence I will have to skip it, and this will cause you to lose points.