How to degrade java 8 and install java 7
With the new forge build 1345 there is no need to degrade to java 7 for MC 1.6.4 mods!
Forge build 965 and lower wont run with the new java 8, so you must degrade to java 7 if not done yet.
- First you need to uninstall your current java. This step is important you must do this!
- Go into your Control Panel
- Open Programs and Features
- Search java, click on it and uninstall.
- Then Download java 7 from here -> http://www.oracle.com/…/jre7-downloads-1880261.html
- Accept the agreement
- Download the java your system requires
- And simply run it and follow the installers instructions.
If its still not running then you will need to edit your Profile in the Launcher.
- Open a New Profile Or Edit your Profile (depends on how you use it)
- If you open a New Profile give a name first. If you Edit Profile you may skip this step.
- Select a minecraft version at ‘Use version’, you will probably use ‘release 1.6.4-Forge220.127.116.11.965’
- The Important part check ‘Executable’ at ‘Java Settings (Advanced)’ and type in your Java 7 path. It can be:
- “C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe” If you type it in the Start Menu search field it should give you that exe file if it correct but don’t need to open that file!
- “C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe” If you type it in the Start Menu search field it should give you that exe file if it correct but don’t need to open that file!
- If the Java executable is found and the above steps are completed then you can ‘Save Profile’ and start Play to see if it works.
Below there is an Image tutorial if you don’t understand something!