Ultra Instinct and the Form's Misconception

Home Forums JinGames Forums Suggestions and Ideas Ultra Instinct and the Form's Misconception

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  KoolaidMan 1 year ago.

^ Advertisement ^
  • Author

moonnut
    Participant

Don’t crucify me for this, I just need to share this problem. Also, I hope Ultra Instinct won’t see the light of day in this mod for years. Please, correct me if any of my work is incorrect, and also please improve and revise my ideas.

To be completely honest, I feel like an absolute disgrace for even touching this subject as an addition to DBC. But the other posts (except for a few knowledge and original replies on said posts) that I have seen all seem to focus one thing on how to obtain this form; the Spirit Bomb.

Now, we have all seen Goku fall into the Spirit Bomb, and then awaken with this overwhelming form, but without reading thoroughly through the subtitles, one would think that the Spirit Bomb gave Goku this form. But this is simply not the case. Goku attained this level of power through the energy that the blast provided him, and then through his sheer willpower and desire to continue fighting. This is seen again in a way, when he fights Kefla. Whis (and also Beerus, who first said it was Kefla’s energy) states that Kelfa’s incredible and seemingly limitless power was akin to that of the Spirit bomb, and being bathed in that energy “incited” him to break through his limits again. Goku’s motivation was to continue fighting, and to prevail in his fight.

This leads into the method of actually reaching this form. It is an all race form, and requires a sort of limit to break. Now, we cannot set ‘limits’ in DBC per se, maybe we could use different alignment motivations, once a story revamp is implemented. To be quite honest, there just simply isn’t enough information on how to actually get this, and it makes this section of writing difficult. We could go with a simple configurable stat requirement, and since Ultra Instinct isn’t gained through getting absolutely shredded in the Time Chamber, it won’t be based off of physical stats. It must be based on “mental” stats, like willpower and mind. Sadly, I suppose we still need a ki revamp, so Willpower is frequently neglected. But it was willpower that made Goku stand back up TWICE. He could have given up, but he didn’t. And in order to have this mental strength, you need a strong mind. These two stat will be imperative in trying to unlock this form. I wish there was an interesting way involving your player’s personal beliefs and limits, but that human element in us just isn’t present in DBC. That’s what makes Ultra Instinct hard to be truly “cool” in DBC. There’s no feeling of actual accomplishment in reaching it, and too be honest, in any form. We level up mind, get TP, and upgrade. Mind requirements are a good step towards this personal goal/accomplishment aspect of this mod. I’ll skip this for now, and make a separate post. Let’s move on to the stats.

UI will have mutliple levels, being unlocked with how frequent you use the form. Taken from Goku’s experience, the first level is a small boost to Str, a medium-large one to Dex, and a medium one to Wil. The second, will have the same boost to Str, but have another increase to Dex and Wil again, but this time with slightly more manageable drain on energy/stamina (stamina drain will have to be MUCH less than a dodge, so the form can be actually used), and one the third level could be either another improvement to the previous, or it can be Ultra Instinct’s full potential. Also, since we don’t have an “auto-dodge feature” a vast Dexterity increase is necessary, making the form close to how it is in the show.

Thanks for reading my huge chunk of writing, tell me how you liked it and if I could improve anything. Thanks.

Also, I hope this idea gets read by Jin, Crimson, or any of the other workers, and I hope they strike this down with the force of a hydrogen bomb. I would rather have my fingers broken than have this form in, with all of it’s insane defense glory, and God let this mod be a good one in the future, I can’t help but love it.

MaskedR0gue300
    Participant

Wow! You sure took your time with this! I never enjoyed the concept of ultra instincts because it just feels like another way to advertise dbs toys…To me if its ever added it should be by random chance near death, sorta an “survival instincts” with the added willpower and mind attributes.

moonnut
      Participant

Thanks! I just got tired of seeing other Ultra Instinct posts, and decided to make my own, and then well, this came to be.

Sam Noé
    Participant

*slowly claps*
    It’s the first UI post I actually like.
    And the same goes for your other posts, neat ideas bro.
    And Rogue is right : over training and willpower, there should be a random chance. Well I know that in the manga luck isn’t involved at all (cuz the story just needed to keep going but was out of fuel, so here’s a new form) but it puts a bit more challenge. Like you couldn’t use enough of the depths of your will to surpass this. No this time.
    The idea of the “energy bath” would be hard to implement otherway than ki attacks. Maybe being in a certain range of player whose level is 100x higher than yours at least.
    Making it a near death experience also (in case of a ki attack that takes away let’s say 80% or more than). In the (extremely low) base chance is doubled cuz I think the fact that you’re kinda going to die is a good enough motivation.
    Well anyway, good idea, good writing, good post.

moonnut
      Participant

I’m honored. I’ve seen you a lot around the forums, and that coming from you really means a lot to me. Thank you.

Epsolon
    Participant

Are u referring to Ultra Instinct Omen(New Form)or Ultra Instinct(technique)

moonnut
      Participant

I didn’t really have that in mind when I was writing, is there a difference I should be aware of? So far there is no evidence that I have seen designating it as a transformation or a form, although I did use ‘form’ in the title. Sorry for the semi-late reply, I was kicking back and relaxing.

KoolaidMan
      Participant

I consider it a technique some consider it a form, in the show it’s called Ultra Instinct, but it’s actual name is Ultra Instinct Omen, there is no difference between the two.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  KoolaidMan.
      • This reply was modified 1 year ago by  KoolaidMan.

Epsolon
      Participant

Ultra Instinct Omen is the saiyan transformation and is obtain differently from the actual technique, Ultra Instinct which takes along time to master.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Epsolon.

KoolaidMan
      Participant

I consider it a technique some consider it a form, in the show it’s called Ultra Instinct, but it’s actual name is Ultra Instinct Omen, there is no difference between the two.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.