SSJ3 energy cost reduction

Home Forums JinGames Forums Suggestions and Ideas SSJ3 energy cost reduction

Viewing 3 reply threads
^ Advertisement ^
  • Author
      altimos
      Participant

Recently realizing that SSJ3 cost more energy than any other form, including all god form.

I think that because in the past SSJ3 was the highest form, but over time other forms were added to the game and it seems like the cost of SSJ3 stay untouched… and I mean It doesn’t make much sense for it to have this insane cost compare to all other forms.

I mean, yeah golden Oozaru also has a strong cost, but here the high cost is here to counterbalance the fact that it’s a strong shape that you can access early. But SSJ3 is a middle-tier transformation that you acquire mid-game so anything justifies the crazy cost.

And yeah I know… Transformation cost are totally negligible anyway. But many public server tend to increase the cost of all transformation to make them balance… but they never take time to give a fair cost to all of them and simply multply them all. Most of the time they use the end game form as a reference to see if it’s balanced or not. But because SSJ3 cost 3 time more KI than end game transformation… you often end up losing 1/3 of your gauge per tick when you try to use it.

I don’t say it should have the same energy cost has SSJ2 or 4 but maybe like… same as SSGSS blue at max if not a bit lower.

I don’t know if server owners can modify but it’s not like they have time to give to minor change like that… So here I’m today trying to ask the change to be done on the base mod ^^;

So yeah, I’m complaining about something really tiny/specific I know. But I also think that could be a small change that will not ruin the experience and it will allow people who like SSJ3 to use it on public server.

Thank you if you at least took the time to read this suggestion. ^^

FireTamer81
      Participant

I don’t know much about the lore of the Dragon Ball Series, but I think the energy cost for ss3 is understandable. In the series there are two types of ki, normal and god. Normal ki is wild and it shows in the super saiyan forms that using kaio-kin is impossible, but entirely possible in the god forms given the energy used is denser and calmer. So, perhaps ss3 having such a high cost is because it’s the highest “unstable form” for saiyans, and encourages players to then go for the god forms.

Zero
      Participant

It’s because ssj3 drains so much that not even vegeta wont learn it. Vegeta laughs at the thought of ssj3 when trunks told him to go ssj3 and just went blue.

altimos
        Participant

Vegeta probably skip SSJ3 because he as a stronger shape than that at this point. That doesn’t automatically mean that SSJ3 is garbage by itself.

If it was the case, why Goku used it so much before when he judged SSJ1 grade 2 to be useless? (I say that because in the mod SSJ1 grade 2 is more efficient than SSJ3)

altimos
      Participant

I don’t think it makes much sense cause SSJ1 2 and 4 are all viable shape, so why SSJ should be the only one to be like “Okay this one is bad just so you wait for the next one”. And it’s kinda sad to have a form that you still gonna take time to farm who is useless just to push you to take the next upgrade. I mean SSJ1 grade 2 consumes a lot of ki too and also is shown to be even less effective than SSJ3, but it’s 2 or 3 times less ki than SSJ3 and there for it’s manageable

And about the ki cost, Can’t tell either but it’s not like the mod was totally accurate with the shape lore anyway. I mean, for example, SSJ1 Grade 2 should reduce your agility and your speed if we were accurate to the manga. But if we do so… the form would become just a reference and not a tool that a player may use. Also, the official power multiplier in the manga are:

10x normal for Oozaru
      50X normal for SSJ1
      100x normal for SSJ2
      300x Normal for SSJ3
      etc…

So of course those number are way to crazy too for the mod, and that because games don’t have the same rule as a manga story. I don’t mean either that we shouldn’t care about canon of course but here the problem is SSJ3 becoming fully unusable on servers who increase the transformation cost. I’m sure that if SSJ3 cost could be the same one as SSJ grade 2 and it won’t be that incoherent. I mean it’s not like Goku was only able to keep SSJ3 active for 10 seconds max like the kaioken, and what about Gotenks who manage to keep it for way longer than that. I still think that the cost of it was that high because it was once the strongest transformation of all.

At worst it would be just a small “maybe non that canon” change to fix the problem that make the form useless on certain servers.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.