New Dragonball Saga & More

Home Forums JinGames Forums Contributions New Dragonball Saga & More

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  SuperKami_Netsu 17 hours, 20 minutes ago.

^ Advertisement ^
  • Author

Mister_Pinocio
    Participant

I have decided to announce that I am currently making a new Dragonball saga. What is different with this saga is that not only will I be including Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball Super, and Dragonball GT; but you can also choose whether you want to follow the DBGT or DBS storylines once you beat the DBZ sagas (Both will be included as beefed up, and lengthy side quests for those who want to do both lines without restarting the entire saga).

—I also want to say this before I continue: This is a WIP as of this post. It is a side project that I am working on occasionally and not constantly, meaning that it will not be released any time soon, maybe even not this year(explanation below).—

Along with this saga I will be making custom models for ALL of Dragonball, and some for Z, Super, and GT. These models, like my others, will be open source. As long as credit is given people can use them for anything they need.

While not required, I will make a map tailored to this saga. This will likely take several months on it’s own, so if enough people get behind this project I will release the saga and models without the map and then release the map when it is done.

I will be releasing the models on the current thread for them(Linked at the bottom) so if you want to look at the progress, or even use them yourself you can take a look there. As far as mods will go the only required mods as of right now are DBC and it’s dependants as well as DBASkins, since A: They have a lot of models already which will lighten my work load. And B: I have made some models for them which they requested I not make open to the public, an agreement I plan to honor, so I won’t be making a mod with said models in it. And unless DBASkins uses my open source models I will be making a mod with my own models, and maybe some other things.

If enough people are on board with this idea I will release a few “demos” using placeholder mobs so people can give me some feedback. Other than that I have nothing else to say for now, I’ll try to keep this thread, as well as my models thread, updated with my recent works.

DBC Custom Models: http://main.jingames.net/forums/topic/dbc-custom-models/
    DBASkins: http://main.jingames.net/forums/topic/dbc-extended-saga/

SuperKami_Netsu
    Participant

Nice! Just a suggestion for your future models though, they need to be a child on the head in order to move properly when animating. A lot of the models you made I tinkered and that was one thing I did for when my mod gets a full, cnpc compatible, update.

Mister_Pinocio
      Participant

Thanks for the tip, I’ll be sure to fix them when I get the time.

Mister_Pinocio
    Participant

This is how far I am in the saga. I have been trying to add as much of the story as I can but I may slim it down later, as most of the missions are text crawl.

A VERY early version of the map. I originally made it 12k x 12k blocks in size, but I shrunk it down to 5k x 5k for countless reasons. The main one being that it took over an hour to go from one end of the map to the other end.

Mister_Pinocio
    Participant

Despite the project being new, I decided to make a poll so I don’t have to change more than I have to later.

https://forms.gle/S9gbSGGqCpT51Y7TA

This is a poll for how much of the story you want to be in the saga. Right now I am making DB very story intensive, but once I hit Z and onward, I will try to focus a little less on the story.

Vikorus
    Participant

You are making full dragon ball map with all builds and full saga with extra mods npcs?

Mister_Pinocio
      Participant

That’s correct, although it will likely take many months as I am currently working solo on this project.

SuperKami_Netsu
      Participant

My team has been working on a similar project involving a map. Taking a while though and no screenshots have been released as of currently.

Mister_Pinocio
    Participant

The majority of votes are asking for a story based saga, so that is what I’ll deliver.
    Although I may be making this saga story heavy I won’t be forgetting that dbc is about fights, so don’t worry about not being able to fight as much. I’ll be sure to add as many fights as I can without degrading the quality too much.

As for if the story will be linear, I will try to make a few branching paths (Other than the super and gt lines, that is) that will give the player a bit more control over their story. I can’t guarantee this will make it into the final product but I will try my best.

I will also release a little demo after a bit more tweaking, of course I don’t have all the models done yet so in the demos everyone will be Nappa for now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.