Ki blade to the lab !

Home Forums JinGames Forums Suggestions and Ideas Ki blade to the lab !

Viewing 1 reply thread
^ Advertisement ^
  • Author
      IAmRaptor
      Participant

So I think we’re all pretty excited about ki swaurd evolving from a meme to an actual feature (remember a meme died this April 1st). Most of us probably directly connected to their favourite server to try it out. But maybe a question stopped you from doing so :

Is ki blade worth it ? Is it worth all those TPs and MND points ?

Well lucky you I wondered that too and rather than gambling about it, I went for a much more efficient method : testing it out.

Testing method

The testing procedure is pretty simple, but first let me show you the testing conditions :

Actually all stats were at 1000.

The procedure is simple : be in Creative mode, spawn a custom NPC with sky-high HP, punch him successively with your fist, your ki blade and your ki scythe. After each attack note down the damage dealt and the consumed ki (your ki will automatically regenerate since you’re in creative), then calculate the ki efficiency(damage per ki point) simply by dividing the dealt damage by the consumed ki.

I’m going to apply that procedure in different cases. Feel free to redo it on your own

Case 0 : No skills

Here no skills means that you don’t have Ki Fist nor Ki Infuse, the 2 necessary skill for ki blade.
      Which of course means your attacks don’t drain ki, calculating damage/ki is useless in this case.

Case 1 : Ki Infuse and Ki Fist both level 1

Case 2: Ki Infuse level 10 and Ki Fist level 1

Case 3 : Ki Infuse level 1 and Ki Fist level 10

Case 4 : Ki Infuse and Ki Fist both level 10

Observations

-Ki Infuse only affect your blade and scythe damage, not your basic fist(compare Cases 1 and 2 or Cases 3 and 4)

-Higher levels of Ki Infuse reduce the ki drain of the blade and scythe, (compare Cases 1 and 2 or Cases 3 and 4)

-Lower levels of Ki Fist make your basic fist much more efficient than the blade and scythe, while higher levels of Ki Fist are the opposite and make your ki sycthe more efficient than your ki blade and fist. (compare Cases 2 and 3)

-Ki Fist seems to have much more effect on the damage and drain of the ki blade and ki scythe than Ki Infuse, (compare Cases 2 and 3)

Conclusion

First off I’d like to precise that of course those numbers are theorical and are just here to help understand how the Ki Blade and Scythe work. Keep also in mind that Ki Blade and Scythe will most likely end up having their own skill, so this post might have temporary usefulness.

Well, I think it’s all about why you want to use Ki Blade in the first place. If you just want to look cool, Case 1 is probably the most suitable. If you want more damage but your priority is efficiency go for Case 2. If you only care about raw DPS, Case 3 and 4 are here for you. And if you can’t affort to waste additional ki, don’t even use them as in Case 0.

This test also shows just how much ki Ki Fist demands. Look at Case 3, 1050 ki per punch, my Ki pool with these conditions is 42K, do the math, I can do 40 punches before running dry IN THEORY. In a real situation, you most likely would be able to punch 25-30 times before not having ki anymore.

Final Word

In any case it feels like a pretty well thought out skill that maybe could use some buffs.

Feel free to do the test yourself or point out mistakes I could have made, the forums are here for discussing after all.

IAmRaptor
      Participant

Visibly there was a problem with the images so I’ll describe them instead:

Test conditions

Half-Saiyan, Martial Artist, all attributes at 1000, 100% release, base form, no Majin Seal.

Case 0 : No skills
      Fist : 2876 damage, no drain

Case 1 : Ki Infuse level 10 and Ki Fist both level 1
      Fist : 3138 damage, 105 ki drain, 29.88 damage/ki
      Blade : 3408 damage, 374 ki drain, 9.11 damage/ki
      Scythe : 3944, 912 ki drain, 4.32 damage/ki

Case 2 : Ki Infuse level 10 and Ki Fist level 1
      Fist : 3138 damage, 105 ki drain, 29.88 damage/ki
      Blade : 3938 damage, 329 ki drain, 11.96 damage/ki
      Scythe : 5538 damage, 779 drain, 7.109 damage/ki

Case 3 : Ki Infuse level 1 and Ki Fist level 10
      Fist : 5500 damage, 1050 ki drain, 5.23 damage/ki
      Blade : 7660 damage, 1161 ki drain, 6.59 damage/ki
      Scythe : 11978 damage, 1384 ki drain, 8.56 damage/ki

Case 4 : Ki Infuse and Ki Fist both level 10
      Fist : 5500 damage, 1050 ki drain, 5.23 damage/ki
      Blade : 8192 damage, 1116 ki drain, 7.34 damage/ki
      Scythe : 13572 damage, 1251 ki drain, 10.84 damage/ki

Here you are, sorry for the inconvenience. Replace all the cases in the original post by this.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.