Custom Npcs Scripting

Home Forums JinGames Forums Questions and Answers Custom Npcs Scripting

Viewing 15 reply threads
^ Advertisement ^
  • Author
      TheLeinhart
      Participant

So…I’m very new to the whole scripting aspect of custom npcs and have been trying to figure this out for a while now so any help would be appreciated. Do know I have seen the scripting pages for the Custom Npcs and just can’t make heads or tails of it nor can I find a decent tutorial on how to script custom damage modifiers as well as custom Hp modifiers.

Essentially what I’m after is how do I script the NPC to set it’s melee higher than the cap. For this I am at a total loss and have been trying for hours on end. Once again, any and all help is much appreciated.

Aegous
      Participant

Well if you’re on java 7 then it’ll have the option to set the language to EMCAScript by default but if you have java 8 then you’ll need to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\(jre1.8.0 or something like that)\lib\ext\ and find the nashorn.jar and put that into your mods folder on the server. Once you’ve got that done you’ll need to boot up your server and select EMCAScript. Once that is done you can you’ll need to go to the “Init” tab and enter this into the text box.

npc.setMeleeStrength(10000)
      npc.setRangedStrength(10000)

npc.setMaxHealth(10000)
      npc.setHealth(10000)

Airswift101
      Participant

How do I do it on single player worlds? ?

TheLeinhart
        Participant

I reckon you follow the same steps as was mentioned to me above, but instead, place it in your mods folder for single player use. Try that and see if it works.

Aegous
      Participant

Yeah it’ll work exactly the same if you just follow the steps but instead put it into your mods folder on the singleplayer world.

Good I did this when I went to look before putting the mod, I already had the Script folder … What do I do now?

Is there a Script Folder out of the npcs customs folder What do I do with this folder?

I found it, I have to put in the same way that you send this script there in the damaged folder?

Airswift101
      Participant

What do you mean by “boot up your server”

TheLeinhart
        Participant

By restarting your server for it to take affect.

Airswift101
      Participant

??

Airswift101
      Participant

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY OPEN EMCA SCRIPT?!?! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Aegous
      Participant

Airswift EMCAScript is another name for javascript and if you can’t follow that tutorial I wrote up then I’d say you might aswell give up because the scripting side of customnpcs is not for beginners.

Airswift101
      Participant

Nah… I figured it out
      I guess…
      Thanks?

Aegous
        Participant

Cool because I can’t think of an any easier way to explain it

I’m talking to the creator of custom NPCs how to make the correct “scripts”

Aegous
        Participant

Why “” around scripts?

Aegous
        Participant

EMCAScript aka Javascript is a scripting language and they’re therefor scripts.

James
      Participant

Does anyone know how to make an npc Teleport to An enemy And fly in 1.7.10

James
      Participant

I have EMCAScript

Peeko15
      Participant

what do I script if I want the projectile that my npc shoots cause a potion effect from another mod?

I’m using EMCAScript

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.