Ask CSR: Let’s talk about the positives from Week 1

Home Forums JinGames Forums Questions and Answers Ask CSR: Let’s talk about the positives from Week 1

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  douhua2233 3 months, 1 week ago.

^ Advertisement ^
  • Author

douhua2233
    Participant

The news has been bad for the Carolina Panthers following their Week 1 win over the Dallas Cowboys. Starting right tackle Daryl Williams re-injured his knee and is likely headed for injured reserve while he recovers from surgery. Tight end Greg Olsen re-fractured the foot that kept him out for the majority of last season. The Panthers are once again vying to produce back-to-back winning seasons for the first time in franchise history and they are being haunted by injuries. I’m not superstitious Daryl Williams Jersey , but I also don’t use ‘haunted’ lightly. There might be literal ghosts perpetuating this curse on the Carolinas.That’s nice.For now, we are going to talk about all of the positive elements to come out of a win. We did win, y’all. It was close, maybe closer than it had any need to be — but we won all the same. Here are the opinions of the Cat Scratch Reader staff on the best takeaways from the Panthers season opener.Bradley SmithJanelle MooreEvan LeekleyBrian BeversluisJonathan DeLongAshley BarnettBradley and Brian seem to think this game was the harbinger of a carefully coached offense. The Panthers committed 9 penalties on Sunday and had two unlucky/dumb fumbles, only one of which they recovered. The first game jitters are gone now and the offense has a lot of potential if they can play cleanly and carefully. Remember that the Panthers were the least penalized team in the NFL in 2017.Janelle and Jonathan walked away with the same impression that most of you did: the Panthers have a hell of a defense. Janelle also raised a good point that Thomas Davis hasn’t seen the field yet. Unlike the offense, Eric Washington’s unit is only getting stronger.Meanwhile Authentic Ian Thomas Jersey , Evan and Ashley saw what so many of us hoped for this offseason. Norv Turner took advantage of his players. I can’t believe I have to say this, but McCaffrey is such an obviously better pitchman on the option than Jerricho Cotchery ever could have been. They never shared a locker room in Carolina, but can you honestly tell me Shula would have made the right choice if he had them both at the same time?How about it, Panthers’ fans, which takeaway is the most inspiring when looking forward this season? Eric Reid is finally back in the NFL.Reid, the safety who joined Colin Kaepernick in accusing the NFL’s owners of collusion when neither of them could find a job after protesting during the national anthem when they were 49ers teammates Youth Torrey Smith Jersey , signed with the Panthers today.As a starting safety in a league where quality defensive backs are always in short supply, it was surprising that Reid hadn’t previously been able to find a job. Even teams like the Falcons, who lost two starting safeties to injuries, wouldn’t give Reid a look.But the Panthers, whose new owner David Tepper has indicated he’s going to do things differently, are now showing that they’re going to give Reid a shot. He can play http://www.panthersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-dontari-poe-jersey , and he deserves to have the opportunity to play.Whether Reid will stand for the national anthem, and whether Reid will continue his collusion claim against the NFL, remains to be seen. What we do know is that Reid is back in the NFL.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.