A bunch of collective ideas for Dragon Block C

Home Forums JinGames Forums Suggestions and Ideas A bunch of collective ideas for Dragon Block C

Viewing 10 reply threads
^ Advertisement ^
  • Author
      Farlon Skarrwan
      Participant

I made up a bunch of ideas for this, which I split into a few sections. I hope these sound good…

-Remove Lock-on mode if you don’t add this next idea (It’s really OP)

-Add an optional config to change power scaling to be more accurate (Super Saiyan is actually 25x base power, etc)

-Change the Super Kaioken option so that Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken won’t be disabled (It’s 100% canon, and it’s super annoying when servers disable it. If anything, just make the consumption and debuff rate from it have a config to raise/lower it)

-Make fusions mix hair settings and colors so it is a bit better

-Make Potara fusions, with a config to either have it permanent (One person keeps the power and the other dies and has to start over) or have the 1 hour time limit.

-Once someone “dies”, they should just be downed (lie on the ground) and die after they take 20 damage (Minecraft default hearts). That way, sparring wont always be deadly, and people can be saved. Ki blasts that do just enough damage won’t kill, but if it’s enough then it vaporizes them and they die instantly.

-Add a fighting game-style system for fighting. People can pick from several preset fighting sets (of combos, grabs, block animations, and whatever else) which either you can make yourself or people can post it online (similar to the hairstyles), or they can make their own. This would require a new in-game or out-of-game tool which allows you to do movement-by-movement animations for attacks, grabs, blocks, ki blasts, skills, transformations, and whatever else. Slower attacks should do more damage, while faster attacks are weaker. Maybe add a power point counter for each hit in the combo which gets added onto after each one, and attacks can be powered up with that (make the finisher stronger, make the 3rd hit faster without sacrificing power, power up the 2nd hit, etc). The fights should have either a Xenoverse-like gameplay or a side-facing gameplay like FighterZ, maybe add that to the config. The hits should, of course, stagger. THIS IS MY #1 REQUEST, AND WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING

-Mixing the last thing and the better “dying” system, someone could insta-KO someone who is at 0% and not prepared to fight with a chop to the back of the neck.

superciano06
      Participant

I disagree with the fighting system part. Keep in mind that DBC is a MINECRAFT mod. Changing too much of the gameplay can remove the minecrafty feel over all.

Joni
      Participant

The combat system is planned and proposed, revise DevBlog

Parody_Master01
      Participant

SSJ is x50….
      SSJ 2 is x100 (base)…
      SSJ3 is x400 (base)…

Super kaioken isn’t cannon it was in a movie saga aka parallel timeline.

Also, you’re expecting a lot from a MINECRAFT mod….

Omega_Trap
        Participant

“Super kaioken isn’t cannon”
        Although we have SSJ4 and LSSJ as forms

Parody_Master01
        Participant

SSJ4 was because people ranted about it forever and he was like “fine here” and LSSJ is cannon, its just called Berserk

Omega_Trap
        Participant

Jin planned to give us SSJ4 later with G3 ( which could mean next year ), however, he even stated that he was in such a point that he said “Eh, why not?”. SSJ4 AND LSSJ were originally planned since the beginning, since when the SSJG and maybe SSJB were still a new thing.
        Broly’s LSSJ is not canon.
        Kale’s Berserk SSJ is canon. They’re equivalent versions, but as the meaning of equivalent, different but technically the same.

(Edit: SSJ4 was planned since the very beginning )

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Omega_Trap.
        • This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Omega_Trap.
      superciano06
      Participant

SSJ4 was already planned from the start and LSSJ is not canon.

Farlon Skarrwan
      Participant

I disagree with the fighting system part. Keep in mind that DBC is a MINECRAFT mod. Changing too much of the gameplay can remove the minecraft-y feel over all.

Yeah. This is a minecraft mod. For a show about fighting. The Minecraft feel about the current fighting system is something along the likes of “For hyper-powered, laser flinging GODS, these battles are pretty dull… It’s all just ‘who can punch the fastest?’ Where’s the dodging? Where are the thought-out plans and exciting, sometimes one-sided battles that we all enjoyed in the series?” Don’t get me wrong; Jin has done a great job so far, but the “Minecraft-y feel” should be more about the building, the appearance of the game, and the, well, everything else about the game. However, the fighting in Minecraft is sub-par for a MOD ABOUT FIGHTING.

The combat system is planned and proposed, revise DevBlog

Uh… Which post?
      (EDIT: I found the post. Yeah, there is a proposition for that, but I think it could use some improvements, like what I posted above.)

SSJ is x50….
      SSJ 2 is x100 (base)…
      SSJ3 is x400 (base)…
      Super kaioken isn’t cannon it was in a movie saga aka parallel timeline.
      Also, you’re expecting a lot from a MINECRAFT mod….

I know Super Kaioken isn’t cannon (although Goku stated that it was possible, but too draining to ever be a good idea due to SSJ’s weaker ki control). However, Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken is cannon (also, Super Kaioken was from a filler arc, not a movie).
      Also, these are all independent suggestions that I think would offer great improvements to the mod. I don’t expect to get most, if any, of these, but these are my biggest hopes right now.

“Super kaioken isn’t cannon”
      Although we have SSJ4 and LSSJ as forms

I guess that’s fair… Except LSSJ is now canon in “Beserker mode”, so we can let that slide.

I do feel that it was a mistake to add SSJ4… and maybe Golden great ape as well… Really anything GT should be left and forgotten.

SSJ4 was because people ranted about it forever and he was like “fine here” and LSSJ is cannon, its just called Berserk

Thank you.

Jin planned to give us SSJ4 later with G3 ( which could mean next year ), however, he even stated that he was in such a point that he said “Eh, why not?”. SSJ4 AND LSSJ were originally planned since the beginning, since when the SSJG and maybe SSJB were still a new thing.
      Broly’s LSSJ is not canon.
      Kale’s Berserk SSJ is canon. They’re equivalent versions, but as the meaning of equivalent, different but technically the same.
      (Edit: SSJ4 was planned since the very beginning )

Erm… cool…

SSJ4 was already planned from the start and LSSJ is not canon.

Read the older posts…
      LSSJ is more canon than SSJ4.

Farlon Skarrwan
      Participant

Oh, and an edit on the lock-on idea, I rearranged my suggestions and forgot to change that. I meant it should only be kept IF it gained the fighting system.

Farlon Skarrwan
      Participant

Oh… Also, superciano06

There are a million ways we can do combat, and I know not everyone will like my system, but I did my best. I really tried to put an emphasis on Skill over Luck. If possible, I don’t want Jin to add ANY RNG elements to PVP. Some of us are just unlucky.

Excerpt from devblog. Shows my point perfectly.
      However, the ideas on the devblogs are concepts and need improvement. I, above, added to his final idea with my ideas.

Also, I think a lot of people (myself included) play DBC because the customization in the Xenoverse games are terrible and they want a real customization for their OCs. The hair system is the best I’ve ever seen, you don’t need to use a self-made skin (although you can anyways), and you can MAKE YOUR OWN KI ATTACKS!!! Imagine ACTUALLY doing the hand motion for a Burning Attack, or raising your hands for a Spirit Bomb. Imagine your own invented fighting style being used by your own (albeit blocky) OC. I don’t know about you, but this is something I’ve always wanted. Or, maybe your OC uses Goku’s or Vegeta’s fighting style, or even Frieza’s or Vegito’s (Vegetto, or whatever)! And don’t tell me that the Saga system is any fun… We all know the story, and its only purpose for us is to grind. That’s not any fun. If this were, say, ANY OTHER DRAGON BALL GAME, it wouldn’t be so boring. So why wouldn’t a better fighting system be a good idea?

superciano06
      Participant

I acutally get your point now, a better fighting system would acutally do good for the mod.

the fighting system is a great idea. a shock system of ki that depends on the mind would be great

Farlon Skarrwan
      Participant

As an afterthought, the fighting system could be an add-on mod, so that it works with any kind of weapon, tool and unarmed, from any mod, regardless of if it’s DBC or not. So, a JRMC supported version (utilizing STR for more damage potential and AGI for speed potential) and a standalone version (not requiring stats).

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.