March 14, 2018 at 04:19 #39632
I made a post a while ago (http://main.jingames.net/forums/topic/a-bunch-of-collective-ideas-for-dragon-block-c/#post-37780) about some of the ideas I’m about to propose, but I have more simplified, and maybe slightly better ideas, as well as supporter additions. For simplicity, I’ll divide this suggestion into 3 sections: Mod Additions, Changes, and Store Additions.
1. There was a fighting system proposed in the Devlog a while back, but it was generally undeveloped and too simple. Using the ideas proposed there, I believe that:
a. Fighting styles should be customizable (with the attack button being light attacks [LMB], the use button [RMB] for heavy attacks, the modifier button [Ctrl] modifies these, making the attack button into the ki button and the use button becomes the block button) so that you can make attacks look and act differently. This should use either an in-game editor (preferably) or an external program. Basically, faster attack animations attack faster but do less damage, while slow ones do more damage. Combos should have a set amount of animation time (so you can attack more with faster attacks and less with slower attacks), and you can mix heavy and light attacks to make new combos (Each combo should be editable in the editor, allowing you to do any combination of forms of attacks). Kicks should do more damage than punches and do more knockback, but also are slower.
b. There should be lots of kinds of attacks, such as throws (block and ki), Z vanishes (hold block and then press Ki when you’re about to be hit. If you’re attacked during a throw, you perform a Z vanish ant take no damage) counters (block a move and then attack normally), Z Counters (press a move button while performing a Z vanish, and you deal damage and take no damage), Ki blast/laser deflection (block as you’re about to be hit with a ki blast or laser), and anything else you could think up. All of these should be customizable in the moveset maker. They can all be purchased as skills requiring mind and TP, by most or all masters.
c. In the server config, the fighting can be set to be done in a 3D way (like in Xenoverse or Budokai Tenkaichi 3) or 2D (like FighterZ or Budokai 3).
2. Potara fusion: This can be crafted or gotten for free by beating Super Buu in the Saga Sysem, with a 10% drop chance or something. They come in a pair (at a certain frequency, so they can’t be used with another pair). It can be put on either or both ears in the modifier inventory (same as scouters or weights). Should come in a variety of colors (at least 1 per in-game dye). Wearing both *could* make the Elder Kai Ritual Potential Unleashed never run out (unless that seems too OP). If one is placed on someone’s left ear and one on the right, they will fuse for one hour (can be changed in the config to between 30 minutes and 1 hour) so you have to really think about if it’s worth fusing and possibly losing control. The stronger fusee takes over the fusion. This doesn’t have the power decrease of Fusion (so the stronger fusee will end up stronger, even if the weaker one is less than half their power). *The fusion timer is only lessened by God Form. Other transformations will not shorten it.* The config can be set to permanent (kills one fusee and changes the other player to the fusion. The other person can’t revive, only reincarnate), temporary (lasts 1 hour), or choice (fusees can choose which)
3. Fusions’ hair should change to represent both fusees (unless one fusee is bald, then don’t change it). Don’t specifically stripe the hair color like with Gotenks (like they did in DB Fusions) since that looks dumb sometimes. Instead, give a chance for the hair color to go between the two colors (such as dark purple for Gotenks) and have it stay consistent between each time that fusion is made.
4. New Config: Canon mode. Super Saiyan gives a 50x power boost, Super Saiyan 2 gives 200x, etc. Make your best guess for unspecified forms such as god forms, Legendary Super Saiyan, and Super Saiyan 4. Use official power levels to decide on multipliers for things like Arcosians.
5. KO System: Instead of dying after all HP is gone, a player is KO’ed (their screen goes black and they are lying on the ground). They will wake up after a certain amount of time. They will periodically take damage if they were downed with a laser, disk, spiral, sword, etc. If they take 20 damage, they die. Certain Ki attacks such as spheres and waves will vaporize the target, killing them instantly, if the damage it does at least doubles the target’s current body health. Using Suggestion 1, KO animations and lying down positions could be customized.
a. When someone’s power is at 0%, or if their BP is less than 10% of an opponent’s, the opponent can insta-KO the opponent (such as how Majin Vegeta did to Goku) nonlethally. An animation for this can be changed with suggestion 1.
1. Fusion control: The fusee not in control of a fusion can choose to fight an ai-controlled version of the other fusee in another dimension. If they beat that, they take control of the fusion. If they lose, they have to wait a certain amount of time before they can try again.
2. Fusion length: Minimum fusion time (in base form) should be 10 minutes. It’s too short to be useful right now.
3. SSG Pregnancy: Using FamilyC, a human, half-saiyan, or saiyan female with a family member of a saiyan, half-saiyan, or human (if they themselves are not human) will count as an extra Saiyan in the Super Saiyan God ritual.
1. Fighting Styles: Buy fighting styles made by other players (using addition #1). 10% of the money goes to the style creator, 90% to you.
A. Can buy each individual combo for a fighting style.
2. Custom Transformations: Make custom transformations using part A of the suggestion for parts and part B for stat changes.
A. Buy Hair and eye colors, auras, player size, and other changes to the transformation from the store. People can upload custom parts and will get 10% of the money. Certain parts come free.
B. Use sliders for hair changes, stat multipliers, and drain. Higher stat multipliers should drain more Ki. Using Addition 1 of the suggestions, speed (movement, attack, ki blast charge etc.) can be raised or lowered for each one of those. TP/mind cost can be raised and lowered, but lower cost will result in higher ki drain.
C. The form can have multiple levels.
D. Can buy forms made by other players, with the same 10% policy.
March 15, 2018 at 19:48 #39673
I personally don’t think we should have to buy forms or fighting styles, because that makes it feel sort of pay to win. Unless it was an in game currency and you could only buy them if you had a specific mod.
March 16, 2018 at 00:45 #39681
No, it would be like if people could charge people for hairstyles on hair salon. It doesn’t give any bonuses besides cosmetics. The stats would not be different from purchases, so it will follow the same stat/speed/drain rules if you do it free or pay. If you pay, you just get more cosmetic choices.
Fighting styles wouldnt be p2w either since they can be custom made; it just means you can pay someone to skip that for you. I suppose some people could post free movesets as well.
It would only be to support Jin with nonnecessities that’d be nice to have. The 10% would just be an incentive for people to want to supply.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.