Edited Oct 2
Quick fix #2 has been released for JRMC, DBC and NC!
This updates main feature is the new Mind Requirement feature and that there are no actual slot limits from now on the player skill list.
The ki attacks might follow this plan but that could take a year for me to get to ki attacks again, or sooner who knows.
Anyway Mind has now a function and I think with this it Mind wont be a “placeholder” anymore to an extend.
Every Skill has now a Mind Requirement and can be configured to an extend in the JRMCconfig.
You can also specify different Mind Requirements for each Skill level if you want to do so.
About the new NPCs they dont do much as of now.
The new opponent NPCs will wait till they get to be added to the story, thou there will be still a lot more to come.
And friendly NPCs, well they don’t have their own place yet but they will be needed soon enough so I have to prepare them.
Quick fix updates (Oct 02)
click here to go to the Download site
JRMCore release version 1.3.2
- FIXED – “no mind available” message even thou there is enough
Dragon Block C release version 1.4.42
- FIXED – tracksuit issue for those who had it
- ADDED – new command function – “dbcskill give all” and “dbcskill givelvl all [amount]” (this command will always give skill regardless Mind Requirement!)
Naruto C release version 0.7.1
- FIXED – serverside crash when loading
Naruto C release version 0.7.2
click here to go to the Download site
- FIXED – server crash for kaiten
- FIXED – in multiplayer ribcage not appearing
Dragon Block C release version 1.4.41
- FIXED – Ogres missing names in language files
- Changed – NPC Ki attacks wont hit other NPCs anymore
- Changed – some NPCs have changed skill sets to teach
- ADDED – new friend npc – Piccolo (at Lookout)
- ADDED – new friend npc – Vegeta (at Lookout)
- ADDED – new opponent npcs – Zarbon – 2nd form (spawn command: /dbcspawn zarbon2)
- ADDED – new opponent npcs – Golden Freeza (spawn command: /dbcspawn freezagolden)
JRMCore release version 1.3.0
- FIXED – 3 crashes (OutOfBounds and an IllegalArg and a NullPointer)
- FIXED – Ki attack explosion issue (that caused lag for some servers)
- FIXED – Command jrmca issue – when using “jrmca add” it has still the “short” limit
- ADDED – for Command jrmca – a new format, to add a specific amount for every attribute “/jrmca add all (amount)”
- ADDED – new Mind Requirement System with new player skill list core change! Every skill is configurable (old skill list will be converted to the new one)
- ADDED – new command configs – “jrmcm – Notify admins”
JRMCore release version 1.3.1 (Quick fix)
- FIXED – Mind Requirements network issue
Naruto C release version 0.7.0
- ADDED – new Jutsu for Uchiha – Susanoo ribcage (basically a defense buff as of now) with a personal random color
- ADDED – new Jutsu for Hyuuga – Hakkeshou Kaiten (still needs seals to perform jutsus for them Hyuugas)
- ADDED – new command nccol – susanoo’s Random color can be changed with it – Usage: ‘/nccol (susanoo) (random or HEXcolor) [playerName]’
- ADDED – new Status Icons – for byakugan, sharingan, eight gates and susanoo (which uses the Kaioken one)
A Long Story of my current state aka whining
This might not mean anything to most of the community but if you are interested in my story (whining) about why I have hard time to do updates regularly, please bear with me. And yea probably it wont be worth your time to read this. XD
I know it took a lot of time to release this update, but there were good reasons.
You see the fact that modpacks kill my site traffic haven’t changed and its only becoming worse.
And that means the site is getting less traffic then it had 2 or even 3 years ago, yet the community grew alot…
The downloads from the official site is the only support I ask for the mod, and even thou modpacks are not allowed many still do it.
There are a few servers which are in a “modpack permission” agreement with me but even those agreements cant fill the lost traffic they generate.
And most of the modpacks that take away most traffic are servers.
So I’m actually tired of hearing that, yea servers make my mods more popular or modpacks…
Which is relative and I just see that I was lied to about it.
If getting more popular means I have to work more for less and less support, then I’m not sure on how long I’m able to work.
There were more people visiting years ago when there were less servers.
I can tell that there were 5 times more traffic back then, then now.
Which is really sad to see that I try my best and its not enough to make people download it legally, yet there are 5 times more people demanding stuff they want then when the traffic was 5 times more then now.
Look I tried to bring updates regularly, I tried to make lot of complex stuff that are still not finished just the core (one example is fusion), I tried not to bug servers and modpacks about the support loss they cause to me and to not ask from then anything.
I really tried.
But I have to do something.
I could continue coding, working on mods because of the site traffic that the downloads generated at first.
I have to do something because next year the site traffic might drop even lower if it follows this tendency, and because of that I will have even less time to code.
Everyone! I love coding, I would love to do this as long as I can, I have so much plans, ideas, projects I want to work on.
So many things that I would like to work on.
And don’t tell me that I should get some help XD
Its not modding/coding/texturing help that I need help in, its site traffic.
Help in, that people download my mods from my sites and not from somewhere else and without adblockers.
Help in, that servers with modpacks without agreement with me, ask for one (to help me develop my mods, that they use for their income…).
Right now these would be what could help me alot.
I already do countless all-nighters without much sleep just to try to finish the mod and site updates in more or less in time.
But I want to continue!
That’s why I tried to get in contact with servers and try to have an agreement with them the past months.
That’s why I had to work on my Websites.
Like JinGames has now some social features like PM-ing or friendship system and such, it was added in the hope to get more site traffic, but many disliked it or find it unnecessary (yea I know).
I also tried to upgrade the serverlist site so the moderation became faster then it was half year ago.
And I tried to work on my donation site system. (that the JinGames main server uses and btw that donation site system is actually by it self free to use, just need to get in contact with me about it.)
These site upgrade took many weeks to be made, thus the mod updates didn’t had enough time to be made with enough content (I had to reorganize the priority list countless times because I had to think about my future of continuing modding).
And because my donation site system has reached a point where it actually works how I imagined it, I was finally able to announce in my last post about that I will give help for some people who would like to try to run a server with my support.
I want to give a helping hand to people with no chance to start a server, and in hoping that the investment I’m making wont be in vain.
Doing this will and actually already does increase the time i have to spend on communication, thus again less modding time.
I just want you to know that its not an easy task that I signed up for I know but mark this, I’m only interested in game development mainly Minecraft modding.
If i wouldn’t have to bother with servers, modpacks and sites, development would be so much faster.
Another proof is that 3 years ago I didn’t had complex website systems, just basic ones.
Even adfly and shortest seems to be a joke now days compared to when I started without website.
And probably I will stop adfly and shortest links if everything would go the right way.
Now I just tried to explain my current situation, and to make some people understand why updates getting more and more late and with not enough content these past years.
I’m sorry that you had to put up with me but Thank You for reading all this whining and don’t forget, Stay Cool.
(There might be a second part of this story for those who are interested in my life.)